Monday, March 24, 2014

Late Night Poems

        Often times I find myself laying wide awake in the middle of the night. When this happens I like to write down whatever thoughts I was having while laying there. Most of the nights I'm writing random thoughts, but other nights I think of poems to write down. Here is a poem I came up with last night:

"Late at night and I cannot sleep,
Jumping alert with every peep,
Tiny lights jumping about,
I'm stuck in my mind and I can't get out.

There's a monster under my bed,
It will be there until I'm dead,
Keeping me awake on a nightly basis,
Forever stuck in a sleepless stasis.

Why oh why won't my brain shut down,
Random thoughts keep flying around,
One sheep.. two sheep.. no that’s not working,
I think I see a shadow in the corner.. lurking,
I hope soon I start resting and dreaming,
But as for now I'll just lie here screaming."


1 comment: